A Rambling About Photography

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Mars Volta @ Open Air Theatre

Its been quite awhile, but I have been busy or preoccupied with some personal issues, but everything looks to be settling down so I should have time to post on my blog regularly again!

So I got to shoot The Mars Volta at Open Air Theatre on campus tonight. It was amazing as usual. I got to shoot TMV live on the day their latest album "The Bedlam in Goliath" was release at SOMA, and that was a great show. This one lived up to that and then some. The lighting was absolutely awesome for the show and really showcased the music and the personalities of the band members. Thomas Pridgen was insane, busting out some crazy solos along with Adrián Terrazas-González on the sax.

I only got to shoot for 10 minutes, and that was about half of Drunkship of Lanterns but it was still great. I only wish I had been able to shoot when they dropped the other background with the "Third Eye" and when they really got the lights going. Open Air is a fun place to shoot and can't wait to shoot there again.

Here are some of my fav's from tonight,

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Glenn

No comments: