A Rambling About Photography

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Internship

Well, it has been quite a while since I have posted, but trust me it has been for good reason! I have been busy finishing up the school year and my duties as Photo Editor. I am glad to take a step back next year and be the Assistant Photo Editor since my school and personal life took such a hit this past semester with all the stress I had been under. I did end up with pretty good grades this past semester (3.33 YEAH!).

I started my new internship with Crittenden Research in their XKSanDiego.com division that focuses on local soccer news. It should be a pretty good summer endeavor that should look good when I apply for more photojournalism internships next summer. So far I have been shooting a lot of team pictures for our archive but last weekend I got out and shot an adult premiere league match.

I have never been a huge soccer fan, Football, baseball, and basketball are my favorite sports so I really feel like this internship will connect me more with soccer.

Here are some of the images that I liked. It has been quite awhile since I last shot soccer so I had to shake the rust off at first!


It was rough getting back into shooting soccer, but I liked a number of images including this one where two players from the San Diego SeaLions and SD United get hit in the back by the ball. Its just a shot you do not normally see.


This image above is an almost. Damn you shallow depth of field!

I also shot the SD United men's team play the Arizona Suaharo's and here are a few of my favorites.



Anyway, I hope to post a lot more often with what I am doing on my internship now that I will have a lot more time!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: