A Rambling About Photography

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mountain West Conference Championships (1 of 2)

I'm a terrible blogger, I know, for not posting in a more timely manner! I have been way too busy with my studio classes to post images from this past weekend's Mountain West Conference Championships. This post is the first of two. This is dedicated to the men's championship game from Saturday March 15th, 2008. The end of the game was the most important part, with UNLV beating BYU for the second straight year in the championship and having their fans rush the court. It was pretty crazy, I almost lost my hat, had my credential torn from around my neck, and proceeded to drop my extremely heavy camera on some students head (they knocked it out of my hands). 

Tournament MVP Wink Adams celebrates with students after they rushed the court. I head there was fights, but I was in the middle of they mayhem and did not see any of it until afterward in the press room I saw Chris Detrick's images of bloodied fans and yelling wives. 



Wink Adams runs around the Thomas and Mack Center shaking hands with fans that did not make it onto the court after UNLV's basketball team cut down the nets.

Wink Adams was clutch at the end of the game, scoring 14 straight points, inlucing three straight treys enroute to a game high 23 points. 

BYU's stars Trent Plaisted and Lee Cummard look stunned as they lost in the MWC Championship game two years in a row to a lower seeded UNLV Runnin' Rebels squad. 

The weekend was a ton of fun, and you can read more about the Aztec's and how they faired in my second post about the Mountain West Conference Championships. Four days and dozens of Mountain Dews later (thank god the MWC is a Pepsi supporter!) we made it back home to San Diego. I cannot wait to come back next year!

No comments: